Friday, February 18, 2011

Egyptians: Should You Choose to Cleanse Your Past With Fire…..


Not, of course, that I am promoting the iconoclastic conflagrations of your edifices- that should be reserved for pre-revolutionary angst or soccer riots. But, should the systematic destruction of symbols become necessary in this course of human events, may I recommend a structure that is both representative of your oligarchic politics and hedonistic western influence?




You see, I am responsible for this (the above building- not the revolution) and if I have to travel all the way to New Cairo to burn it down myself, it will not only be a huge inconvenience on both my schedule and my efforts to avoid TSA cavity searches, it would also lack the romantic proto-revolutionary connotation that would be invoked if you just do us all a favor and torch it.

And for the record I was right: The revolution will not only be televised, it will also be available in a Blog RSS feed.